Mike Clement was a special person whose life touched many people in his short time on earth. He was a gifted athlete, a serious student, a loving son, brother, and husband, a faithful friend, and a devoted follower of Jesus Christ,. Mike displayed great courage and an indomitable spirit in battling the effects of Multiple Sclerosis.
Mike’s family and friends have been honoring his life and influence by awarding academic scholarships annually since his death.
In 2015 Friends of Mike Clement was formed as a Texas non-profit corporation to continue and expand the family’s work. We are also IRS 501(c)3 exempt. Our mission is to raise funds to award scholarships to deserving students in the Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District.
In spring 2017 we awarded our first scholarships to eight outstanding students.
Pictured left to right:
- Daisy Gonzalez (Impact Early College High School)
- Angela Tallent (Ross Sterling High School)
- Dominic Borbon (Goose Creek Memorial High School)
- Shade’ Flavien (Goose Creek Memorial High School)
- Meagan Springer (Robert E. Lee High School)
- Margret Rose Garza (Peter Hyland Center)
- Matthew Frickey (Robert E. Lee High School)
- Nathan Harper (Ross Sterling High School)
The video below provides a glimpse into Mike Clement the person.
Here is an article that tells more of the story: Mike Clement – A Baytown Star
In addition to visiting this website, you can stay current on activities related to the scholarship fund by joining the Facebook group Friends of Mike Clement.